FOLLOW OUR BLOG:
News and Commentary on Important Estate Planning and Elder Law issues provided by Mirick O'Connell Attorneys
VISIT OUR YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
- Lisa Neeley Quoted in MLW, "Bar wary even after SJC rules against agency"
- SJC rules in favor of Lisa Neeley in Nadeau v. Director of Medicaid
- Arthur Bergeron honored by MetroWest Health Foundation
- Lisa Neeley to speak on the Legal Aspects of Aging
- Lisa M. Neeley Honored with Elder Advocacy Award
ARTICLES & PUBLICATIONS
Our Practice Areas
Protecting your future and that of your family is invaluable. The Elder Law Group provides sound legal advice with practical solutions to the complex legal issues and challenges that often face aging or disabled individuals.
Our attorneys assist clients in developing asset protection plans to maximize quality of life while preserving finances for future generations. We provide guidance to elderly clients and their family members in connection with MassHealth (Medicaid) planning, and assist clients with special needs to help minimize the adverse consequences of becoming disabled.
- Developed asset protection plans that allow couples to keep control of all their assets, while assuring that, if one passes away, the assets of the survivor will be protected immediately if nursing home care is needed
- Developed safeguard system so that elderly clients can feel confident that those managing their assets are accountable
- Developed innovative private annuity and other vehicles to assure that, if one spouse needs nursing home care, the other spouse can remain at home without facing financial ruin
- Represented hundreds of elders in obtaining MassHealth eligibility and appealing inappropriate denials of eligibility<
- Analyzed tax implications of asset protection plan, to ensure estate and income tax savings are maximized