FOLLOW OUR BLOG:
Our Practice Areas
Mirick O’Connell’s transactional real estate practice encompasses all real estate sectors and includes the representation of individuals, businesses, institutions and public entities in the acquisition, financing, disposition and management of real estate assets. We also represent landlords and tenants in the negotiation and drafting of leases and subleases for office, retail, industrial, biomedical and R&D space.
Our attorneys assist clients in the planning and permitting of real estate projects from single-family homes to manufacturing facilities. We understand the political framework in which all real estate development projects exist and have the experience, contacts and judgment required to shepherd a project to fruition and profitability. We also have extensive experience with the redevelopment of former manufacturing properties and the conversion of existing structures into residential and commercial condominiums.
Today, every real estate development project is subject to some degree of environmental scrutiny. We have the expertise to navigate the world of overlapping and multi-jurisdictional environmental permitting requirements. Once a project has been permitted, we also have the skills and knowledge to draft and negotiate the construction documents needed to complete the project in a cost-effective and timely manner. Our construction experience includes green building design and renewable energy projects.
- Represented a school system in connection with a $35 million acquisition, financing and ground lease transaction for the district’s elementary and middle schools and for the construction of a new high school
- Represented a developer in connection with the acquisition, financing and construction of a continuing care retirement project
- Represented a limited liability company in connection with the acquisition of a nursing home facility in Worcester
- Represented a manufacturing company in connection with the acquisition and financing of a new manufacturing facility
- Represented a developer in obtaining zoning and state relief for the redevelopment of a 1 million square-foot mill building
- Represented several developers in large multi-building commercial office park projects
- Represented a local college in the permitting of a new student residence hall and parking garage