"Having a broad base of specialties within one firm and a point person who really knows us, our business and our goals has proven to be invaluable for over 20 years now."
Theodore B. Goodnow, CEO
Woodmeister Master Builders, Inc.
Our Practice Areas
Mergers and AcquisitionsPrint
Our Mergers and Acquisitions Group has extensive experience representing buyers and sellers in all types of domestic and cross-border acquisitions and in dispositions of businesses across a wide spectrum of industries. We approach the legal, business and integration issues that arise in most transactions with a breadth and depth of experience that enables us to provide valuable advice and superior service to our clients.
The group's capabilities are enhanced by the firm's overall expertise in related specialties, including tax, securities, ERISA, labor and employment, and real estate. We have extensive experience representing clients in both simple and complex private and public mergers, stock and asset acquisitions, and dispositions of companies, subsidiaries and divisions. We regularly advise clients in connection with corporate restructurings, as well as acquisitions and dispositions through bankruptcy proceedings and secured party sales.
- Represented a French multi-national conglomerate and the parent of a major U.S. abrasives and ceramics manufacturer with respect to a number of acquisitions and divestitures
- Represented a U.S. biomedical corporation in the acquisition of a Northern Ireland medical device research and manufacturing company
- Represented a German conglomerate involved in the manufacture and distribution of fasteners in multi-state acquisitions of closely-held businesses
- Represented a New England division of a national food distribution business in the acquisition of a regional meat distributor and in the negotiation of a $125 million five-year supply contract
- Represented a buyer in a roll-up of closely-held PetScan facilities and businesses throughout the United States and ultimate sale to a public company