Mirick O’Connell helps transportation companies and governmental authorities get where they are trying to go. We counsel regional transportation authorities and their private contractors in all areas of employment and labor law, including collective bargaining, employment litigation, grievance arbitration, equal employment opportunity laws and employee benefits. We also represent automotive franchises and other transportation-related businesses as outside general counsel, advising our clients on diverse corporate, tax, labor and employment issues. Our litigators represent the transportation industry in all aspects of civil litigation, including business and commercial litigation and employee discrimination and harassment disputes.
- Obtained a jury verdict in favor of an automobile dealership and leasing company in an age discrimination claim brought by a former sales manager
- Successfully represented a transportation company in a union grievance arbitration regarding driver compensation
- Represented a supplier of heavy equipment to a railroad in an investigation by the National Railroad Passenger Corporation Inspector General’s Office
- Counseled and represented automotive dealerships on various employment-related matters, including discrimination claims before the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination
- Represented a regional public transportation authority in obtaining injunctive relief against a union for unlawfully withholding services
- Represented a transportation industry employer in an arbitration involving the termination of an employee who also served as vice president of the union; obtained an award upholding termination
- Represented a regional transit authority in arbitration involving the discipline of an employee and challenges by the union to the employer's use of video surveillance cameras; obtained an award upholding the discipline and a ruling that there was no invasion of privacy under Massachusetts law