- Boston University Law School JD
- Princeton University AB, cum laude
BAR & COURT ADMISSIONS
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Marlborough Hospital, trustee
- Marlborough Economic Development Committee, chair
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts Hospital Association, Trustee Advisory Council
Arthur P. Bergeron
Art has been practicing law in Massachusetts for over 30 years. He focuses his practice on elder law, estate planning, probate and trust administration, and land use matters. Art counsels senior citizens and their loved ones regarding elder law and special needs planning, asset protection and Medicaid planning. He works with individuals in all areas of estate planning, including wills, trusts, durable powers of attorney, health care proxies and living wills.
In addition, Art represents clients in various areas of land use law, including appearing before local planning boards, zoning boards of appeals and conservation commissions.
Prior to joining Mirick O'Connell, Art was a sole practitioner in Marlborough, MA.
- Restructured assets for a married couple so that, following the death of spouse, most spousal assets were immediately protected for nursing home purposes
- Assisted a parent in qualifying for MassHealth while protecting home for benefit of child who had cared for the parent before the parent entered a nursing home
- Created overlay districts in Hudson and Marlborough and obtained special permits and other local permits necessary for the construction of 100 plus unit retirement communities
- Obtained a comprehensive permit to allow the construction of a 52-house subdivision that had been created in the 1960's, where all permits had expired and subdivision could no longer be built under local zoning by-law
- Art frequently provides educational programs on elder law issues to local Councils on Aging.