- Boston College Law School JD
- Boston College BA, magna cum laude
BAR & COURT ADMISSIONS
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys, Board of Governors
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America, chairman - Legislation
- Northborough and Southborough Education Foundation, former president
- Southborough Zoining Board of Appeals, former chairman
- Anna Maria College, Board of Trustees, former member of the Executive Committee
For a complete listing of Articles and Publications, Seminars, Samples of Reported Cases, Newspaper and Media Articles, Samples of Settlements, and Honors and Awards, please click here.
Edward C. Bassett, Jr.
Ted is a partner and chair of the firm's Personal Injury Litigation Group. He has practiced in the area of civil litigation for more than 25 years. Ted is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, in which, membership is limited to trial lawyers who have demonstrated exceptional skill in advocacy by achieving a million dollar trial verdict, award or settlement. Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly named Ted as one of the Top Ten Lawyers in Massachusetts. The American Trial Lawyers Association selected Ted as one of The Top Trial Lawyers in Massachusetts. Boston magazine and Law & Politics chose him as a Massachusetts "Super Lawyer" in 2004-2009 and 2011 and as a New England "Super Lawyer" in 2007-2009. Ted has received an AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating available for legal ability and professional ethics.
Ted receives referrals from other attorneys in Massachusetts and from attorneys outside of Massachusetts. He has earned a reputation for handling serious personal injury cases in an aggressive and professional manner.
- Obtained a $22.65 million judgment in a drunk driving case - this is reported to be the largest award ever for a Worcester County personal injury case.
- Served as co-counsel for Drs. Sunil and Deborah Eappen in the well-publicized wrongful death case of Matthew Eappen v. Louise Woodard (British Nanny)
- Volunteered legal services to obtain a $2.15 million award for a young boy who lost his father on September 11 onboard Flight 11
- "Understanding the New "Hours of Service" Regulations" (Winter 2014)
- "Trucking Regulations and Trucking Company Liability, The National Business Institute
- "Litigating Spinal Cord Injuries," The Lawyer's Log Book, Volume 3
- "What to do When You are Injured by a Drunk Driver," The Lawyer's Log Book, Volume 2
- "Underinsurance Coverage - Purchase the Maximum Coverage Available," The Lawyer's Log Book, Volume 1
- Quoted in "Lawyers Predict Expansion of Social Host Liability Law," Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, (February 29, 2012)
- "Legislative Update - Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, Including Hours of Service," The Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America National Conference (September 2009)
Ted has been invited to speak in Las Vegas, Atlanta, St. Louis, Boston and Chicago on the preparation and trial of personal injury cases and interstate trucking cases. He has been a featured speaker on a number of occasions on trial topics and on brain injury cases of the West LegalEdcenter©. These national web seminars are broadcast throughout the United States.
Ted's high-profile cases have been featured in many news publications, including the National Law Journal, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, the Boston Globe, the Boston Herald and the Worcester Telegram & Gazette. He has also been interviewed or featured on television news programs in New England and Canada.