Todd K. Helwig
Todd is a partner and chair of the firm's Land Use and Environmental Law Group. He represents buyers and sellers in all types of real estate transactions and represents both landlords and tenants in lease negotiations for office, manufacturing, retail, laboratory and biomedical space. In addition to assisting clients in obtaining the real estate on which to operate a successful business, Todd works with clients to obtain the permits and approvals required to operate their business. In this regard, he has significant experience representing clients before municipal boards and commissions and working with state regulatory agencies in Massachusetts.
Todd is also a LEED Accredited Professional.
In 2009, Todd was selected by the Worcester Business Journal as one of "40 under Forty" professionals honored for their professional excellence and community service.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Washington College of Law, American University JD (1996)
- Bucknell University BA, magna cum laude (1993)
- Represented a regional manufacturer in the acquisition and permitting of property for use as a manufacturing and distribution facility
- Represented businesses and institutions in the negotiation of leases for laboratory, research and biomedical space in Massachusetts and Maryland
- Represented a landowner in the negotiation of a hard rock mining lease that involved issues of environmental liability and the minefill of coal combustion waste
- Represented a regional manufacturer in the disposition of surplus real property and the leasing of space for office and manufacturing use; assisted client with Chapter 21E hazardous materials contamination issues
- Represented a high-technology company in connection with the disposition of surplus office space in multiple jurisdictions
- Represented an institutional client in connection with its campus expansion plans, which involved working with MEPA, DCR and DEP to obtain the required approvals
- Represented an international manufacturer in the leasing of a new assembly and distribution facility in Illinois
- "Green Building Contracts," Mirick O'Connell Construction Law Update (October 5, 2009)
Professional / Community Affiliations
- Community Preservation Coalition
- Northborough Conservation Commission
- Northborough Community Preservation Committee
- Real Estate Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Worcester County Bar Association