Timothy D. Braughler
Tim is a Partner of Mirick O’Connell specializing in all aspects of family law including divorce, child custody, child support, alimony, paternity, adoption, restraining orders, and pre- and post-nuptial agreements. Tim has been selected as a Massachusetts Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in the area of family law as published in Boston magazine for the last seven years in a row since 2013. In addition to family law, Tim handles a variety of probate litigation and estate/trust matters.
Tim serves as a member of the Boston Bar Association Family Law Steering Committee where he co-chairs the CLE committee, which is responsible for organizing and moderating a wide variety of educational programs in the area of family law. Tim is also a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association, the Massachusetts LGBTQ Bar Association, and the Greater Boston Family Law Inn of Court.
Prior to joining Mirick O’Connell, Tim practiced family law and probate litigation at the Boston law firm of Taylor, Ganson & Perrin, LLP.
Bar & Court Admissions
- New England School of Law JD, cum laude (2008)
- University of Pittsburgh BS (2001)
- “Divorce Fundamentals Series-The Financial Statement and Supplemental Rule 410 and Section 34 - Income, Assets, Liabilities & Discovery,” Boston Bar Association, January 2020 (presenter)
- “Trust and Inheritance Issues in Divorce: A Practical Guide to Discovery, Evidence and Experts,” Boston Bar Association, June 2019 (Moderator)
- “Supervised Parenting Time: When, How and Why Appropriate?,” Boston Bar Association, December 2019 (Moderator)
Professional / Community Affiliations
- Boston Bar Association, member and CLE Committee Co-Chair Family Law Section
- Essex County Bar Association
- LBGTQ Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Gay & Lesbian Advocates and Defenders, pro bono attorney
- Veterans Legal Services, pro bono attorney