Within the next two decades, unprecedented wealth will pass between generations in the form of lifetime gifts and transfers through wills and trusts. Inevitably, conflicts concerning this transfer of wealth will arise—often causing painful and expensive disputes. Our attorneys have the requisite experience to counsel the parties involved with these transfers, and they have the tenacity necessary to resolve any disputes that may arise.
The Probate, Trust and Fiduciary Litigation Group represents executors, administrators, trustees, guardians, conservators, beneficiaries and other family members. The integration of our experienced Trusts and Estates Group with our skillful litigation and trial attorneys enables us to provide sound legal advice and creative dispute-resolution strategies. While our attorneys strive to seek practical, prompt resolutions, they also have extensive experience trying cases when necessary. Above all, we recognize that it is our responsibility not only to guide our clients through sophisticated financial and legal matters, but also to understand the often-complex emotional and psychological challenges of probate litigation.
Patricia Davidson and Emily Crim author Bloomberg Tax article "The Evolving Role of Trust Protectors"11/06/2020[ read full story ]
Tracy Craig authors Kiplinger article, "Should You Give Your House Away?"06/12/2018[ read full story ]
Trusts and Estates Newsletter - Spring 201806/01/2018[ read full story ]
Tracy Craig authors Kiplinger article, "Is Estate Planning Now Dead?"05/01/2018[ read full story ]
- Persuaded the Appeals Court to reverse a judgment and find that the defendant trustees, stockholders, officers and directors breached their fiduciary duties and engaged in self-dealing by committing trust assets to unauthorized business ventures
- Negotiated the resolution of a long-term dispute among siblings by forcing the sale of real estate through a petition to partition
- Successfully defended beneficiaries who were sued by the decedent’s sister in an action to determine title to real estate
- After commencement of trial, favorably settled a case in which the will was executed by an individual suffering from Alzheimer’s disease who was vulnerable to undue influence
- Successfully opened a guardian’s three accounts by showing fraud and manifest error against the guardian in which the guardian mismanaged the ward’s estate
- Prevented a co-executor’s attempt to gain sole control of an estate after the co-executor forged our client’s name, misappropriated estate assets and violated an injunction
- Successfully petitioned the Supreme Judicial Court to reform trusts so that the reformation would be recognized for federal transfer tax purposes