Ping joined Mirick O’Connell in July 2017 as a partner and chair of the Firm’s Intellectual Property Group.
Ping has extensive experience in a broad spectrum of IP practice areas, including patent/trademark prosecution and portfolio management, patent post-grant proceedings before USPTO, patent litigation and arbitration, trade secret investigation and litigation, patent monetization and licensing, and IP transaction and due diligence. Ping’s IP experience extends beyond the U.S. and into foreign jurisdictions, such as Europe and China.
Ping advises technology companies in the U.S. and abroad (e.g., China) and counsels clients in a wide range of diverse technology areas, spanning both the high-tech industry and the life science industry, including but not limited to electronic devices, medical technology and devices, mechanical devices, optics, control system and solutions, computer/network software and hardware, cloud systems and services, Internet of Things (IoT), security software and systems, communication systems, mobile devices and applications, e-commerce applications and services, financial applications and services, business methods, fuel cell technology, nanotechnology, chemical engineering and process, semiconductor technology, and composite and polymer materials, among others.
Prior to joining the Firm, Ping was an attorney at Mintz Levin in Boston and earlier at WilmerHale in Boston. Prior to his legal career, Ping worked as a software engineer with Polycom, Inc., where he designed and developed audio/video conference systems and applications.
Ping is fluent in Chinese (Mandarin).
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Suffolk University Law School JD, summa cum laude
- Fudan University BS, with honors
- Dartmouth College MS
- "What are your New Year's IP Resolutions?," Mirick O'Connell e-alert (January 8, 2018)
- USPTO "Forecloses" On Mortgage Processing Patent Under Alice, IP Frontline (March 8, 2016)
- "Recent Trends in U.S. Patent Litigation" - Shanghai Bar Association, Shanghai, China (June 2011)
- "U.S. Patent Litigation 101" - Shanghai Bar Association, Shanghai, China (July 2010)
Professional / Community Affiliations
- Boston Bar Association
- Boston Patent Law Association
- American Bar Association