Lauren E. Sparks
Lauren is an associate in the Firm’s Litigation Group. She focuses her practice on litigation involving the defense of medical malpractice claims; life, health and disability insurance benefits; and ERISA cases. She also represents companies and individuals offering general advice and counseling, and in litigation before federal and state courts and agencies.
In 2021, Lauren was selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch© 2022 in the fields of Commercial Litigation; and Medical Malpractice – Defendants.
Prior to joining Mirick O’Connell, Lauren was an Assistant District Attorney for the District Attorney’s Office, Middle District, in Worcester. She also previously served as a law clerk for The Honorable Judge Robert E. Beach at the Connecticut Appellate Court, a law clerk for the Department of Justice Civil Rights Division in Washington, D.C., an intern for the United States Attorney’s Office in Washington, D.C., and a judicial intern for Magistrate Judges Diane M. Brenneman and Michael J. McCarthy, D.C. Superior Court. During law school, Lauren appeared before the Arlington Immigration Court and won a grant of asylum for a client. She was awarded the International Academy of Trial Lawyers Advocacy Award for her work on the case.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Georgetown University JD, senior articles editor, Georgetown Journal of Law and Modern Critical Race Perspectives (2015)
- Yale University MA (2012)
- Elms College BA, summa cum laude (2010)
- “Remembering RBG: Her Life and Legacy,” On Air with Mirick O’Connell legal podcast (November 2020)
- “Deep Dive into the Recent DACA Ruling,” On Air with Mirick O’Connell legal podcast (July 21, 2020)
- “Analysis of the US Supreme Court Title VII Ruling,” On Air with Mirick O’Connell legal podcast (July 6, 2020)
Professional / Community Affiliations
- LIFT, Board of Directors, Treasurer
- United Way of Central Massachusetts, Women's Initiative; Financial Literacy Committee