Grace C. Roessler
Grace is an associate in Mirick O’Connell’s Family Law and Divorce Group.
Grace concentrates her practice in the areas of divorce and family litigation, including pursuing and defending the following actions:
- Child Support
- Requests to permanently remove children out of the Commonwealth
- Restraining Orders
- Department of Children and Families Investigations
- Elder Divorce
She also represents clients in equity actions, including petitions to partition real estate, claims for life insurance proceeds against an ex-spouse’s estate, and actions for relief from a court order or judgment.
Grace has experience serving as a third party neutral, including court-appointed discovery master, and is a certified mediator. While she aims to settle cases amicably and efficiently, including attending voluntary mediation or conciliation, Grace is prepared to litigate the matter if it is in the best interest of the client.
Grace regularly appears before Probate and Family Court judges for motions and trials to litigate on behalf of her clients. She volunteers with the Middlesex Probate and Family Court Lawyer for the Day program, is an active member and contributor to the Boston Bar Association, and serves as co-chair of the Boston Bar Association Family Law Newsletter.
Grace was selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch© 2021 in the field of Family Law. In 2019 and 2020, Boston Magazine and Law & Politics named Grace a Massachusetts “Rising Star.”
Prior to joining Mirick O’Connell, Grace was an associate at the firm of Brick, Sugarman, Jones & McBrien, LLP.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Certified Mediator
- New England School of Law JD, cum laude (2011), named “Most Promising Mediator”; associate editor, New England Journal on Criminal and Civil Confinement
- University of Wisconsin BA, with honors (2009), Phi Beta Kappa National Honors Society
“Divorce Fundamentals: The Divorce Client Interview,” Boston Bar Association, September 30, 2020 (webinar)
After Department of Revenue v. Grullon,” Massachusetts Bar Association, July 22, 2020 (webinar)
- “The Role of Life Insurance in Divorce Matters,” On Air with Mirick O’Connell legal podcast, June 26, 2020
- “Family Law and Divorce during COVID-19,” On Air with Mirick O’Connell legal podcast, March 29, 2020
- Presenter, "Client Interview Process" Divorce Fundamental Series, Boston Bar Association, December 2019
- "Unknown U: Emergining College Issues in Divorce Actions," Boston Bar Association Family Law Newsletter, Fall 2019 (co-author)
- "Fur Baby Divorces: Tackling Pet Ownership, "Custody" and Costs in Divorce Litigation," Boston Bar Association Family Law Newsletter, Spring 2019
- “Hey, That Was Supposed to Be Mine! The Tort of Intentional Interference with Expected Inheritance,” Bloomberg Tax, March 2019
- "It Takes Two: The Payee’s Duty to Secure and Actively Monitor the Payor’sLife Insurance Obligation,” Boston Bar Association Family Law Newsletter, Fall 2018
- "Bankruptcy After Divorce: Protecting The Bargained-For Contract," Boston Bar Association Family Law Newsletter, Spring 2018
- "What About Johnny's Blanket? Navigating Personal Property Division Early and Effectively in Divorce Proceedings," Boston Bar Association Family Law Newsletter, Fall 2016
- “Late Love: Pre Nuptial and Post Nuptial Agreements for Seniors and Their Families,” Community Advocate, September 2016
Professional / Community Affiliations
- Boston Bar Association, co-chair Communications and Family Law Newsletter
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Harvard Radcliffe Community Chorus
- Wisconsin Alumni Association, Boston Chapter