Elizabeth V. Newton
Elizabeth is an associate in the Firm's Trusts and Estates Group. She focuses her practice on estate planning, estate and trust administration, probate litigation, and elder law matters.
Elizabeth counsels individuals and families on developing and implementing estate plans to align with our clients' goals and designed to protect their assets. She drafts estate planning documents including wills, revocable trusts, and irrevocable life insurance gifting trusts. Elizabeth also advises fiduciaries, trustees, and family members in the administration and settlement of trusts and estates.
Prior to joining Mirick O'Connell, Elizabeth was an associate with Mendel & Associates, LLC in Waltham, MA.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Northeastern University JD (2011)
- Boston College BA (2006)
Publications and Presentations
- “The Long and Winding Road: What you can Expect from the Probate Process,” On Air with Mirick O’Connell legal podcast (July 10, 2023)
- "Welcome to the Real World-Things to Consider when Your Child Turns 18,” On Air with Mirick O’Connell legal podcast (March 16, 2023)
- "Updates in Probate Law and Practice," Massachusetts Bar Association's 10th Annual Probate Conference (November 4, 2022) (presenter)
- "Estate and Financial Planning at Any Age,“ Boston College (October 14, 2022)
- “Drafting Estate Plans,” MCLE, 2021, 2019 (co-editor) and 2017 editions
- “Introduction to Estate Planning: Wills, Trusts, and Taxes,” Brookline Adult & Community Education (September and March, 2021; June and February, 2020)
- “Financial and Estate Planning for Young Professionals,” Boston College (January 27, 2021; May 2, 2018)
- “Paying for Long-Term Care,” Essex County Estate Planning Council (April 28, 2020)
- “Estate Planning for New and Young Families,” The Friends of the Charlestown Branch Library (April 12, 2018)
- “Estate Planning for New and Young Families,” Boston College (May 11, 2017)
- “Estate Plan for a Married Couple with Minor Children,” Estate Planning Client Hypotheticals, MCLE, Inc. (June 30, 2015; June 24, 2014)
- “Working with Aging Clients,” Society of Financial Service Professionals (September 18, 2014)
- “The Basic Estate Plan,” Estate Planning Conference, MCLE, Inc. (February 13, 2014; February 20, 2013)
- “Changes in Drafting of Estate and Trust Documents for the Nontaxable Estate Since the Enactment of the Massachusetts Uniform Probate Code,” The Greater Lynn Bar Association and Essex County Bar Association (April 16, 2013)
Professional / Community Affiliations
- Essex County Estate Planning Council