Brian R. Falk
Brian is a municipal and land use attorney in Mirick O'Connell’s Public and Municipal Law Group and Land Use and Environmental Law Group.
In his municipal practice, Brian counsels towns, cities, and districts in all areas of municipal law, including home rule, land use, real estate, elections, finance, taxation, procurement, public construction, and general governance. Brian advises local officials on compliance with the Open Meeting Law, Public Records Law, and Conflict of Interest Law, and has extensive experience drafting town meeting warrants, bylaws, ordinances, and special legislation.
Brian also represents private clients in land use permitting matters and real estate transactions. He regularly appears before municipal boards seeking special permits, variances, licenses, and other local approvals.
In 2014, 2015, and 2016, Brian was named a Massachusetts "Rising Star" by Boston magazine and Law & Politics. Brian previously served on the Milford Zoning Board of Appeals.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Boston College Law School JD (2006)
- State University of New York at Geneseo BS, cum laude (2000)
- Provides Town Counsel services to eight Massachusetts communities.
- Provides special counsel and land use counsel services to several towns, cities, and districts.
- Led negotiations for a city on two multi-million dollar host community agreements for resort-style gaming establishments.
- Represented a large developer to obtain rezoning and land use permits for a $160 million regional hospitality, entertainment and retail center.
- Represented a boutique developer to secure land use permits for a mixed residential/commercial downtown building.
- “Getting Ready for a Brighter Economic Development Forecast in 2014,”Municipal Advocate, Vol. 24, No. 4 (2014) (co-author)
- "On Solid Ground: The Mirick O'Connell Real Estate Law Blog," (contributor) (2012 to present)
Professional / Community Affiliations
- Massachusetts Municipal Lawyers Association
- Worcester County Bar Association, Municipal Law Section, chair; Government Relations Committee
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Public Law Section Council
- American Bar Association
- Milford Area Chamber of Commerce, Board member