Betsy R. Landry
Director of Human Resources
Betsy is director of human resources at the firm. She joined Mirick O'Connell's Human Resources team in 1991 and has overall responsibility for all of the firm's human resources functions including recruitment and staffing, performance management, organizational development, compensation, benefits and employee relations.
She is certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) by the Human Resource Certification Institute and as a SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) by the Society for Human Resource Management. She is certified as a Mental Health Ally through Psych Hub and is certified in Adult Mental Health First Aid USA through the National Council for Mental Wellbeing. She is past president of the Human Resources Management Association of Central Massachusetts (HRMA), an organization of approximately 160 human resources practitioners and consultants and she has taught human resources in Assumption College's Continuing Education Division.
Betsy received a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace Certificate from University of South Florida Corporate Training and Professional Education program.
In 2021, Betsy received an "Oustanding Women in Business" award from the Worcester Business Journal. Click here to watch our Firm's tribute to Betsy.
In 2021, Betsy received the Excellence in Human Resources Award from the Human Resources Association of Central Massachusetts.
- Assumption College MBA, Human Resources concentration (1999)
- Assumption College BA, Management, magna cum laude (1990)
- Quoted in “For biz owners, mask enforcement is an added stress,” Worcester Business Journal, August 3, 2020
Professional / Community Affiliations
- Association of Legal Administrators Boston chapter, vice president, Diversity and Inclusion
- Association of Legal Administrators National, member
- Assumption College, alumni ambassador
- Guild of St. Agnes, Board of Directors, member; Human Resources Committee, member
- Human Resources Management Association of Central Massachusetts, past president; Board of Directors, member; Diversity Committee, member
- Massachusetts Legal Recruitment Association
- Massachusetts State Council of the Society for Human Resource Management, Certification Director
- National Association for Law Placement
- YMCA of Central MA Board of Directors, member; Clerk; Human Resources Committee, chair