Betsy is director of human resources at the firm. She joined Mirick O'Connell's Human Resources team in 1991 and has overall responsibility for all of the firm's human resources functions including recruitment and staffing, performance management, organizational development, compensation, benefits and employee relations.
She is certified as a senior professional in human resources (SPHR) by the Human Resource Management Certification Institute and as a senior certified professional (SHRM-SCP) by the Society for Human Resource Management, and she is currently pursuing her the certified employee benefits specialist certification through the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans. She is a past president of the Human Resources Management Association of Central Massachusetts (HRMA), an organization of more than 120 human resources practitioners and consultants, and she has taught human resources in Assumption College's Continuing Education Division.
- Assumption College BA, Management, magna cum laude (1990)
- Assumption College MBA, Human Resources concentration (1999)
Professional / Community Affiliations
- Association of Legal Administrators National and Boston chapters
- Assumption College MBA program, mentor
- Dress for Success Worcester, Professional Women's Group, Advisory Board
- Human Resources Management Association of Central Massachusetts, past president; Board of Directors, member; Certification Committee, chair; College Relations Committee, co-chair
- Massachusetts Legal Recruitment Association
- Massachusetts State Council of the Society for Human Resource Management, Certification Director
- National Association for Law Placement
- Society for Human Resource Management
- YMCA of Central MA Board of Directors, member; Executive Committee, member; Human Resources Committee, chair