Andrew A. Croxford
Andrew joined Mirick O’Connell as Of Counsel in June of 2014. He is a member of the Firm’s Business Group where he focuses his practice on corporate finance, securities regulation, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, venture capital, and early stage investment transactions. Andrew represents companies throughout all stages of their development, from formation through and beyond joining the public markets. Andrew has extensive experience in securities offerings, having advised on over 15 IPOs on the London and international markets as well as numerous follow-on offerings.
Andrew has broad transactional experience across private and public mergers and acquisitions, asset sales, joint ventures and restructurings involving companies of all sizes and across four continents.
Prior to joining the Firm, Andrew was a Shareholder in the Corporate & Securities Department at Greenberg Traurig Maher LLP in its London office. He was also previously a Partner at White & Case LLP and McDermott, Will & Emery LLP .
Andrew is a Lecturer in Law at Boston University School of Law. In 2014, he created and teaches a “Deals” course for the Executive LL.M. program. From 2015, he will also be teaching a transactional contract drafting seminar for the LL.M. in American Law program.
Bar & Court Admissions
- England and Wales
- Boston University School of Law LL.M (2013)
- Nottingham Law School, Nottingham, England Diploma in Legal Practice (1994)
- St. Catherine's College, University of Oxford, England MA (Oxon) (2007)
- St. Catherine's College, University of Oxford, England BA (1992)
- Advised issuers and underwriters in respect of numerous securities offerings (both debt and equity) on both senior and junior markets in London and internationally
- Advised a company in the strategic outsourcing sector on various acquisitions in sectors ranging from landscaping to pest control to manned guarding
- Advised a company in the gaming sector on its IPO and its first acquisition using the proceeds of a follow-on offering
- Advised a company in the steel sector on a proposed private placement of a minority equity stake to venture capital funds
- Advised an Indian media company on the sale of a minority stake to a US-based strategic partner, including the subsequent re-purchase of that stake and the ultimate sale of the company to a strategic buyer
- Advised on all aspects of the formation, regulation and initial equity funding of the U.K.’s first new life insurer for 30 years
- Advised companies and lenders (senior, junior and unsecured) on numerous refinancings, restructurings and workouts
Professional / Community Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Law Society of England and Wales