Written by Administrator
Tracy A. Craig
Our attorneys provide individuals and families with sophisticated advice on a wide variety of estate planning and wealth transfer issues. In each case, we tailor our estate planning solutions to address the particular needs of the individual or family.
The clients we represent come from a variety of backgrounds: from principals of closely-held businesses facing succession and liquidity planning issues to executives at public companies, from families just starting out and concerned about guardianship issues to families with mature children and concerns about aging parents, from single-parent families to same-sex-parent families, and from families faced with nursing home and health care issues to families with a non-citizen spouse facing sophisticated international and federal estate tax issues.
- Advised clients concerning gift, estate and generation-skipping tax planning
- Drafted estate planning documents including wills, durable powers of attorney, health care proxies, revocable living trusts, and homestead declarations
- Drafted irrevocable trusts, including life insurance trusts, family gifting trusts and marital deduction lifetime QTIP trusts
- Advised clients concerning asset protection issues
- Implemented sophisticated leveraged gifting transactions including qualified personal residence trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, intentionally defective grantor trusts and family limited liability companies
- Implemented charitable gifts including the formation and operation of private foundations and gifts to charitable split-interest trusts, such as charitable remainder trusts and charitable lead trusts
- Created public charities
- Advised clients concerning elder and disability law issues, including asset preservation and Medicaid qualification
- Implemented special needs trusts, supplemental needs trusts, irrevocable income-only trusts and private annuities
- Prepared estate, fiduciary income tax, estate tax and gift tax returns
- Represented clients in tax matters before the Internal Revenue Service and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue
Tracy A. Craig
Christine P. Keane
Janet W. Moore
Paul R. O'Connell, Jr.
Andrew B. O'Donnell
Jason J. Port
Last Updated on Monday, 10 January 2011 14:05