- Boston University School of Law JD (2014)
- The University of Texas BA (2010)
BAR & COURT ADMISSIONS
- U.S. District Court for Massachusetts
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Massachusetts LGBTQ Bar Association
- Women's Bar Association of Massachusetts
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Massachusetts Chapter
- Estate & Business Planning Council of Worcester County
- Boston Estate Planning Council
- Worcester County Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
Emily L. Crim
Emily is an associate in the firm’s Trusts and Estates Group. She concentrates her practice on estate planning, estate and trust administration, probate litigation, and elder law matters.
Emily counsels individuals and families on developing and implementing sophisticated estate plans designed to increase, maintain, and transfer wealth in accordance with each client's unique needs and wishes. She prepares a wide range of estate and tax planning instruments, including wills, revocable and irrevocable trusts, durable powers of attorney, and health care proxies. Emily’s practice includes estate planning for LGBT individuals, as well as asset protection and restructuring to assist clients in obtaining long-term medical care benefits.
Emily also advises fiduciaries, trustees, and family members in the administration and settlement of trusts and estates, and represents clients in contested probate matters. She helps clients navigate the estate administration process, which can include probate court proceedings and the preparation of estate and fiduciary income tax returns.
Prior to joining Mirick O’Connell, Emily was an attorney with the Elder, Health & Disability Unit of Greater Boston Legal Services, where she helped found the Elder Abuse Prevention Project. During law school, she served as Managing Editor of the Boston University Journal of Science & Technology Law.