- Suffolk University Law School JD (2008)
- St. Joseph's University BS (1999)
BAR & COURT ADMISSIONS
- U.S. District Court for Massachusetts
- Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) accredited attorney
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Taxation Law Section Council, Probate Law Section
- Worcester County Bar Association
- Estate and Business Planning Council of Worcester County
- Worcester Young Businessmen's Association
- Trusts and Estates Consortium
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Shrewsbury Conservation Commission
Jason J. Port
Jason is an associate in the firm's Trusts and Estates Group, Family Law Group and Land Use Group. He focuses his practice on estate planning, estate administration, guardianships, conservatorships, probate litigation, elder law matters, family law controversies and residential real estate transactions.
His estate planning practice includes the preparation of all types of estate planning documents, including wills, revocable trusts and irrevocable trusts health care proxies and durable powers of attorney. Jason represents and advises clients in the appointment of guardians and conservators for incapacitated adults and minors, as well as in the administration of estates of deceased individuals.
His elder law practice includes advising elderly clients and their families with planning for Medicaid and Veterans Administration Benefits for long term medical care. Jason assists these clients with asset protection and restructuring, as well as corresponding estate planning documentation.
His family law practice includes assisting clients in all actions of divorce, custody, child support, modification and paternity.
He further assists clients in the formation and implementation of charitable and tax-exempt organizations. Additionally, Jason reviews and prepares Estate, Fiduciary and Pass-through entity tax returns.
Jason was named a Massachusetts “Rising Star” by Boston magazine and Law & Politics in 2013.
- "DOMA Overturned: Justice and its Effect on Your Planning," Mirick O'Connell Legal Update, October 2013
- Getting All Your 'Docs' in a Row... Mirick O'Connell Trusts & Estates Law Blog," editor and author of numerous articles on estate planning and elder law issues, September 2013 to present
- "Nursing Homes: Who's Responsible for Paying?" MetroWest Daily News, April 7, 2013