- Suffolk University Law School JD (2008)
- St. Joseph's University BS (1999)
BAR & COURT ADMISSIONS
- U.S. District Court for Massachusetts
- Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) accredited attorney
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Taxation Law Section, Probate Law Section
- Worcester County Bar Association
- Estate and Business Planning Council of Worcester County
- Worcester Young Businessmen's Association
- Trusts and Estates Consortium
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, New and Transitioning Attorneys, Public Policy, and Journal Steering Committees
- Shrewsbury Conservation Commission
- Shrewsbury Public Library Foundation, Trustee
- Greater Worcester Community Foundation, Corporator
- Nativity School of Worcester, Trustee Associate
Jason J. Port
Jason is an associate in the firm's Trusts and Estates Group and Land Use Group. He focuses his practice on estate planning, estate administration, guardianships, conservatorships, elder law matters, probate litigation, and residential real estate transactions involving estates, trusts and individuals.
His estate planning practice includes the preparation of all types of estate planning documents, including wills, revocable and irrevocable trusts, health care proxies, and durable powers of attorney. Jason represents and advises clients in the appointment of guardians and conservators for incapacitated and disabled adults and minors, as well as in the administration of trusts and estates of deceased individuals.
His elder law practice includes advising clients and their families with planning for governmental benefits for long term medical care, at home or in facilities. Jason assists these clients with asset protection and restructuring, corresponding estate planning documentation, applications, and litigation.
He further assists clients in the formation and implementation of for-profit and non-profit organizations. Additionally, Jason reviews and prepares Estate, Fiduciary and pass-through entity tax returns.
In 2015, Jason was selected by the Worcester Business Journal as one of "40 Under Forty" professionals honored for their professional achievements and community service. He has been named a Massachusetts "Rising Star" by Boston magazine and Law & Politics every year since 2013.
- “Protecting Assets While Qualifying in Medicaid,” National Business Institute, November, 2016
- "Revocable Living Trusts from Start to Finish," National Business Institute, October 2016
- "Cutting Edge Issues in Central Massachusetts Estate Planning," MCLE - Presentation, February 2015 and February 2016
- "The Probate Process from Start to Finish, National Business Institute, October 2015
- "Drafting Wills and Trusts in Massachusetts, Publishing Clause and Ultimate Disposition, MCLE, June 2, 2015
- Elder Law Month Presenter, Massachusetts Bar Association, May 2013, 2014 and 2015
- Preserving and Transforming Your Client’s Principal Residence, MCLE, July 24, 2014; Wrote “Transferring the Home to a Revocable Trust”
- "DOMA Overturned: Justice and its Effect on Your Planning," Mirick O'Connell Legal Update, October 2013
- Getting All Your 'Docs' in a Row... Mirick O'Connell Trusts & Estates Law Blog," editor and author of numerous articles on estate planning and elder law issues, September 2013 to present
- "Nursing Homes: Who's Responsible for Paying?" MetroWest Daily News, April 7, 2013